Please do not send emails to
+49 (0)176 ⋯ 82
A917 6475 9326 B440
From August 2015 to April 2019, I was a research assistant in the Institute for Formal Methods in Computer Science at the University of Stuttgart. From May 2019 to December 2019, I was a postdoctoral researcher in the Cheriton School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo, working with Jeffrey Shallit. My primary research areas are automata theory, formal languages, semigroup theory, algorithms, computational complexity and formal verification. A list of my publications can be found here and on DBLP.
Some random personal facts: I was born on March 6th, 1990 in Bietigheim-Bissingen and I am currently living in Waterloo, ON. Outside computer science, I am interested in investing, entrepreneurship, sustainability, health, and fitness.
Places I have visited in the past include Australia, Austria, Canada (Ontario, Quebec), Cape Verde, Denmark, the Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia (Bali), Italy, Japan, Mexico, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates (Dubai), the United Kingdom (England), and the United States of America (California, Illinois, Kansas). Click here for a colored map (updated in February 2020).
|05/2019-12/2019||Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo|
|02/2019-04/2019||Research Assistant, FMI, University of Stuttgart|
|08/2015-02/2019||Ph.D. Computer Science, FMI, University of Stuttgart|
|04/2015-07/2015||Teaching Assistant, University of Stuttgart|
|10/2013-05/2015||M.Sc. Computer Science, University of Stuttgart|
|10/2010-11/2013||B.Sc. Computer Science, University of Stuttgart|
|2000-2009||High School, Gymnasien im Ellental, Bietigheim-Bissingen|
|1996-2000||Elementary School, Grundschule im Sand, Bietigheim-Bissingen|
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Testing Simon's congruence. MFCS 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer. The Intersection Problem for Finite Semigroups. DLT 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer. On the Complexity of the Cayley Semigroup Membership Problem. CCC 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. The Intersection Problem for Finite Monoids. STACS 2018.
- Volker Diekert and Lukas Fleischer. Church-Rosser Systems, Codes with Bounded Synchronization Delay and Local Rees Extensions. WORDS 2017.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Green's Relations in Finite Transformation Semigroups. CSR 2017.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Operations on Weakly Recognizing Morphisms. DCFS 2016.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Efficient Algorithms for Morphisms over Omega-Regular Languages. FSTTCS 2015.
- Lukas Fleischer, Manfred Kufleitner and Alexander Lauser. Block Products and Nesting Negations in FO2. CSR 2014.
- Lukas Fleischer and Trevor Jack. The Complexity of Properties of Transformation Semigroups. International Journal of Algebra and Computation. World Scientific, 2019.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. The Complexity of Operations on Weakly Recognizing Morphisms. RAIRO-Theor. Inf. Appl., volume 53, number 1-2, pp 1–17. EDP Sciences, 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Green's Relations in Deterministic Finite Automata. Theory of Computing Systems, volume 63, issue 4, pp 666–687. Springer, 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer, Manfred Kufleitner and Alexander Lauser. The Half-Levels of the FO2 Alternation Hierarchy. Theory of Computing Systems, volume 61, issue 2, pp 352–370. Springer, 2017.
- Lukas Fleischer and Jeffrey Shallit. The State Complexity of Lexicographically Smallest Words and Computing Successors. Technical report, 2019.
- Lukas Fleischer, Samin Riasat, and Jeffrey Shallit. New Bounds on Antipowers in Binary Words. Technical report, 2019.
- Lukas Fleischer and Jeffrey Shallit. Words With Few Palindromes, Revisited. Technical report, 2019.
- Lukas Fleischer and Jeffrey Shallit. Words Avoiding Reversed Factors, Revisited. Technical report, 2019.
- Lukas Fleischer. Algorithms and Complexity Results for Finite Semigroups. PhD thesis, 2019.
- Lukas Fleischer. Efficient Membership Testing for Pseudovarieties of Finite Semigroups. Technical report, 2018.
I am the author of aurdupes, a Python script that can be used to find duplicate packages in pacman databases and the Arch User Repository.
I am the current maintainer of calcurse, a powerful command-line based calendar program.
In late 2017, I started co-maintaining jpeg-archive, a utility to compress JPEG images for long-term storage without sacrificing perceived visual quality.
cdlib-eject was a lightweight C program to control Dacal CD Library II devices.
Open Source Contributions
I occasionally contribute to other projects. Projects I have contributed to in the past include
- alot, a terminal-based mail user agent,
- arch-audit, an utility like pkg-audit for Arch Linux,
- GNU automake, a tool to automate parts of the compilation process,
- cgit, a hyperfast web frontend for Git repositories written in C,
- OpenSMTPD spam filter integration,
- the version control system Git,
- libfaketime, a library that can be used to modify the system time for a single application,
- the package manager pacman,
- the password manager pass,
- pygit2, which provides Python bindings for libgit2, and
- xwax, an open-source Digital Vinyl System for Linux.