My name is Lukas Fleischer. I was born on March 6th, 1990 near Stuttgart (Germany) and I am currently living in Waterloo, ON (Canada). I am a postdoctoral researcher in the Cheriton School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo. My primary research areas are automata theory, formal languages, semigroup theory, algorithms, computational complexity and formal verification. An up-to-date list of my publications can be found below. Alternatively, you can check DBLP.
I actively contribute to a variety of open source software. Please scroll down for a (not necessarily complete) list of projects I am involved in.
|05/2019-present||Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo|
|02/2019-04/2019||Research Assistant, FMI, University of Stuttgart|
|08/2015-02/2019||Ph.D. Computer Science, FMI, University of Stuttgart|
|04/2015-07/2015||Teaching Assistant, University of Stuttgart|
|10/2013-05/2015||M.Sc. Computer Science, University of Stuttgart|
|10/2010-11/2013||B.Sc. Computer Science, University of Stuttgart|
|2000-2009||High School, Gymnasien im Ellental, Bietigheim-Bissingen|
|1996-2000||Elementary School, Grundschule im Sand, Bietigheim-Bissingen|
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Testing Simon's congruence. MFCS 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer. The Intersection Problem for Finite Semigroups. DLT 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer. On the Complexity of the Cayley Semigroup Membership Problem. CCC 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. The Intersection Problem for Finite Monoids. STACS 2018.
- Volker Diekert and Lukas Fleischer. Church-Rosser Systems, Codes with Bounded Synchronization Delay and Local Rees Extensions. WORDS 2017.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Green's Relations in Finite Transformation Semigroups. CSR 2017.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Operations on Weakly Recognizing Morphisms. DCFS 2016.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Efficient Algorithms for Morphisms over Omega-Regular Languages. FSTTCS 2015.
- Lukas Fleischer, Manfred Kufleitner and Alexander Lauser. Block Products and Nesting Negations in FO2. CSR 2014.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. The Complexity of Operations on Weakly Recognizing Morphisms. RAIRO-Theor. Inf. Appl., volume 53, number 1-2, pp 1–17. EDP Sciences, 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Green's Relations in Deterministic Finite Automata. Theory of Computing Systems, volume 63, issue 4, pp 666–687. Springer, 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer, Manfred Kufleitner and Alexander Lauser. The Half-Levels of the FO2 Alternation Hierarchy. Theory of Computing Systems, volume 61, issue 2, pp 352–370. Springer, 2017.
I am the current maintainer of calcurse, a powerful command-line based calendar program.
I am a regular contributor to cgit, a hyperfast web frontend for Git repositories written in C.
In late 2017, I started co-maintaining jpeg-archive, a utility to compress JPEG images for long-term storage without sacrificing perceived visual quality.
Other Projects and Contributions
aurdupes is a Python script that can be used to find duplicate packages in pacman databases and the Arch User Repository.
cdlib-eject is a lightweight C program to control Dacal CD Library II devices.
I occasionally contribute to other projects, such as
- alot, a terminal-based mail user agent,
- the version control system Git,
- libfaketime, which can be used to modify the system time for a single application,
- the package manager pacman,
- the password manager pass,
- pygit2, and
- xwax, an open-source Digital Vinyl System (DVS) for Linux.
I am known as lfleischer on most platforms. My GitHub user name is lfos.