My name is Lukas Fleischer. I was born on March 6th, 1990 and I am currently living near Stuttgart, Germany. I am a research assistant at the FMI, University of Stuttgart. My primary research areas are automata theory, formal languages, semigroup theory, algorithms, computational complexity and formal verification. An up-to-date list of my publications can be found below. Alternatively, you can check our institute website or DBLP.
I actively contribute to a variety of open source software. Please scroll down for a (not necessarily complete) list of projects I am involved in.
I am also interested in machine learning, artificial intelligence and everything health and fitness related.
|2019-present||Research Assistant, FMI, University of Stuttgart|
|2015-2019||Ph.D. Computer Science, FMI, University of Stuttgart|
|2013-2015||M.Sc. Computer Science, University of Stuttgart|
|2010-2013||B.Sc. Computer Science, University of Stuttgart|
|2000-2009||High School, Gymnasien im Ellental, Bietigheim-Bissingen|
|1996-2000||Elementary School, Grundschule im Sand, Bietigheim-Bissingen|
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Testing Simon's congruence. MFCS 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer. The Intersection Problem for Finite Semigroups. DLT 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer. On the Complexity of the Cayley Semigroup Membership Problem. CCC 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. The Intersection Problem for Finite Monoids. STACS 2018.
- Volker Diekert and Lukas Fleischer. Church-Rosser Systems, Codes with Bounded Synchronization Delay and Local Rees Extensions. WORDS 2017.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Green's Relations in Finite Transformation Semigroups. CSR 2017.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Operations on Weakly Recognizing Morphisms. DCFS 2016.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Efficient Algorithms for Morphisms over Omega-Regular Languages. FSTTCS 2015.
- Lukas Fleischer, Manfred Kufleitner and Alexander Lauser. Block Products and Nesting Negations in FO2. CSR 2014.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. The Complexity of Operations on Weakly Recognizing Morphisms. RAIRO-Theor. Inf. Appl., volume 53, number 1-2, pp 1–17. EDP Sciences, 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer and Manfred Kufleitner. Green's Relations in Deterministic Finite Automata. Theory of Computing Systems. Springer, 2018.
- Lukas Fleischer, Manfred Kufleitner and Alexander Lauser. The Half-Levels of the FO2 Alternation Hierarchy. Theory of Computing Systems, volume 61, issue 2, pp 352–370. Springer, 2017.
I am the current maintainer of calcurse, a powerful command-line based calendar program.
I am a regular contributor to cgit, a hyperfast web frontend for Git repositories written in C.
In late 2017, I started co-maintaining jpeg-archive, a utility to compress JPEG images for long-term storage without sacrificing perceived visual quality.
Other Projects and Contributions
aurdupes is a Python script that can be used to find duplicate packages in pacman databases and the Arch User Repository.
cdlib-eject is a lightweight C program to control Dacal CD Library II devices.
I occasionally contribute to other projects, such as
- alot, a terminal-based mail user agent,
- the version control system Git,
- libfaketime, which can be used to modify the system time for a single application,
- the package manager pacman,
- the password manager pass,
- pygit2, and
- xwax, an open-source Digital Vinyl System (DVS) for Linux.
I am known as lfleischer on most platforms. My GitHub user name is lfos.